The history of our boutique hotel began in the 14th century in the historical centre of Graz and it was first mentioned in 1596. It was first a bourgeois building and on the ground floor the vaults of our breakfast room and the Gothic pointed cap vaults of the Steakboutique restaurant indicate commercial use.
In the 17th century the house was owned by Count Herberstein and from 1792 Count Johann Nepomuk Inzaghi acquired the house. Together with the second palace on Bischofsplatz it formed a building complex which is still indicated today by a niche in the inner courtyard.
Many other details from the eventful history of the house can still be seen today. For example, an early Renaissance stone door frame from the 16th century in Superior Room 6 or fine Rococo stucco in other Superior Rooms.
GUEST HOUSE AND INN
In 1835 the city palace of Inzaghi returned to civic ownership and shops moved into the vaults of the ground floor. From 1902 the former palace was converted into a restaurant and in 1927 the innkeeper Karl Zeltner converted it into the so-called "Winterbierhalle". On the second floor there was also a pub and a fencing hall of the student association "Frankonia". Magnificent paintings in the former dining room of the 1st floor have unfortunately not been preserved until today.
BOUTIQUEHOTEL DOM - HOTEL IN THE HISTORIC CENTRE
On 1 November 1944 the former Palais Inzaghi was severely damaged by air bombs and was only renovated in 1965. In 1996 the building received a new owner, who opened the "Hotel zum Dom" after only seven months of construction time and created a special jewel in the city centre of Graz.
In 2018 and 2019 public rooms such as the breakfast room and lobby as well as most of the rooms were modernised and redesigned. Since then, the boutique hotel has presented itself as a modern hotel with individual design and particularly personal service.
If you love something special, the Boutique Hotel Dom could become your favourite hotel.